The student, who requested anonymity, said that the two seniors then gathered all 89 grade 7 students in the dormitory to discover the culprit, but none admitted to the act. In an alleged attempt to try and force a confession, the two seniors opened the bag and used a spoon and “made them eat” the feces.The younger students were too frightened to resist, the student said, and the two seniors had sworn them to secrecy afterward.One of the victims, however, apparently ran home and told their parents about what had happened. The incident only came to light two days later on Feb. 21, when the victim’s parents related the incident on the school’s public relations WhatsApp group. The school held a meeting over the incident on Feb. 25 with the two twelfth graders, the 77 seventh-grade victims and their parents, as well as with the school’s guidance counselors on Tuesday.Read also: Students forced to eat human feces by seniors as ‘punishment’ in NTT seminary schoolDeodatus said the school had apologized directly to the victims and parents at the meeting. “We humbly conveyed our deepest apologies to all parties, especially to the parents and families of the students in this incident,” he said.In the statement, Deodatus also clarified that the victims had not actually “eaten” the human feces as reported by various media, but that one of the seniors had taken the spoon containing the feces and “touched” it to the mouth or tongue of the victims.He added that St. Maria BSB Seminary did not tolerate any kind of violence or bullying, and always took decisive action in the event of any cases of abuse.Many of the school’s parents, however, have expressed severe disappointment with the school, with one parent describing the incident as “inhumane”.Martinus, the father of one of the victims, said that he had decided to withdraw his son from St. Maria BSB. “It would be better to move and start over at another school,” he said as quoted by kompas.com.Meanwhile, Deodatus said that the seminary was following up by providing mental counseling services to the victims.“For us, this incident is a lesson to provide better guidance in the future. The seminary appreciates all the criticisms, suggestions, advice and reprimands, which means much to this institution in the hope that the [school] will would continue to advance,” he said. (syk)Topics : The Santa Maria Bunda Segala Bangsa (BSB) Seminary school in Maumere, East Nusa Tenggara (NTT), has expelled two grade 12 students for abusing 77 seventh graders by reportedly forcing them to “eat” human feces as a form of punishment.“The [school] has decided to expel the two students from St. Maria Bunda Segala Bangsa Maumere,” the school head, Father Deodatus Du’u, said in a statement released on Tuesday evening.The incident began at around 2 p.m. on Feb. 19, when the two seniors, who were in charge of cleanliness at the school dormitory, discovered a plastic bag containing human feces in an empty cupboard, one of the students who had been subjected to the abuse said on Feb. 25.
Statewide—Indiana’s unemployment rate continues to drop to 3.2 percent for September and remains lower than the national rate of 3.5 percent. The last time Indiana’s unemployment rate was lower than 3.2 percent was December 2000. The monthly unemployment rate is a U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) indicator that reflects the number of unemployed people seeking employment within the prior four weeks as a percentage of the labor force.Employment by SectorPrivate sector employment has grown by 21,500 over the year and has decreased by 3,400 over the previous month. The monthly decrease is primarily due to losses in the Leisure and Hospitality (-2,000) and the Manufacturing (-1,000) sectors. Losses were partially offset by gains in the Construction (1,700) and the Financial Activities (400) sectors. Total private employment stands at 2,737,700, which is 5,600 above the December 2018 peak.
President Trump will be present at the Daytona 500 this weekend in more ways than one. He’ll be in person and on a the #47 car.Volusia County Sheriff Mike Chitwood says his office is planning for President Trump, First Lady Melania Trump and Governor Ron DeSantis to attend Sunday’s race. Daytona Beach International Airport also says the president will be attending, and Air Force One is expected to land there. Trump would be the first sitting president to attend the race since George W. Bush in 2004. Oh and there is Joe Nemececk is driving the Trump Pence 2020 Camaro. NEWS: Joe Nemechek will run a TRUMP 2020 scheme on his No. 47 Chevrolet for Mike Harmon Racing at Daytona International Speedway. #MikeHarmonRacing @realDonaldTrump @MhrRacing @FrontRowJoe87 pic.twitter.com/S6ZGUk90iE— Karyn Marinella (@KarynMarinella) February 4, 2020 Nemechek, 56, hails from Florida and he is a 20-time winner in the NASCAR National Series ranks, including 16-times in the NASCAR Xfinity Series.Additionally, Nemechek took the 1992 Championship in the Series.The sponsorship comes from the Patriots PAC of America, not from Trump’s direct re-election campaign.Ray DallaRosa from Patriots PAC of America says that the goal of his group’s NASCAR sponsorship campaign is to get more NASCAR fans to register to vote and head to the polls in November as President Donald Trump and Vice President Mike Pence seek re-election.And there’s also a Trump 2020 truck. Tim Viens will sport TRUMP 2020 scheme in Daytona Truck race.
Manchester: With International Cricket Council (ICC) event head Chris Tetley asking the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) to take up the matter with the Indian High Commission in the UK following the banner fiasco in Headingley during the World Cup group game between India and Sri Lanka on Saturday, the cricket board has informed the ICC that while they are in touch with the authorities in the UK, they want clarity on the process put in place to avoid such a fiasco in Manchester when India play New Zealand in the semifinal on Tuesday.In the letter to the ICC, in possession of IANS, BCCI Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Rahul Johri wrote: “Kindly appraise us of the steps that have been taken by the ICC & the ECB to prevent any untoward incident when India play the semifinal on the 9th in Manchester. At our end we are also in touch with the Indian High Commission in the UK, for them to address the issue with the relevant UK authorities. Please keep us informed.” IANSAlso Read: BCCI points its constitutional rule, asks players to choose between commentary and IPL
LEGENDARY boxing trainer and manager Lou Duva, who spent more than seven decades in the sport he loved, died Wednesday at St Joseph’s Hospital in Paterson, N.J. He was 94.Duva, the patriarch of one of the most influential families in boxing, died of natural causes, according to his only surviving son, Dino Duva.The fiery and charismatic Duva was a mainstay in the world of professional boxing for more than seven decades. He was probably best known for being the trainer of heavyweight champion Evander Holyfield, who was voted into the International Boxing Hall of Fame this year.Duva and his family, along with powerful manager Shelly Finkel, founded Main Events in 1978, and built it into one of the most powerful promotional companies in the sport. Duva was voted Manager-of-the-Year in 1985 by the Boxing Writers, and Trainer-of-the-Year in 1987 by the World Boxing Association.Overall, Duva handled the careers of 19 world champions. Besides Holyfield and Lennox Lewis, he handled welterweight champions and former U.S. Olympians Pernell Whitaker and Meldrick Taylor, along with Hector ‘Macho’ Camacho and Arturo Gatti.Duva’s first world champion was middleweight Joey Giardello, who won the title in 1963 against Dick Tiger.Duva was born on May 28, 1922 in New York City to Italian immigrants, and the family later moved Paterson. Duva boxed in his youth but never amounted to much, going 6-10-1 in the 1940s, and eventually moved to the business side of it.Duva joined the U.S. Army after World War II broke out and was dismissed from his first base in Jackson, Miss. for excessive fist-fighting with fellow soldiers as well as an altercation with two officers when he defended a black woman being harassed on a public bus. After that, he was sent to Camp Hood in Texas, where he was given a job as — what else? — a boxing instructor.One of Duva’s close friends was the undefeated heavyweight champion Rocky Marciano. Duva was one of the last people to talk to Marciano before he died in a plane crash in 1969.Lou Duva was voted into the International Boxing Hall of Fame in 1998, and also was voted into the New Jersey Boxing Hall of Fame, and the National Italian American Sports Hall of Fame.A book about Duva’s life, entitled A Fighting Life: My Seven Decades in Boxing, co-written by former New York Times and Daily News boxing writer Tim Smith, is available on Amazon and Barnes and Noble.“He was truly an original,” Smith said Wednesday. “A true ambassador for the sport. To touch as many eras in boxing as he did — glory years in the sport — will never be duplicated.“People pay lip service to putting family first, but he lived it and embraced boxers into that fold. It’s truly a sad day.”Lou Duva is survived by his son Dino, daughters Donna, Deanne and Denise, and daughter-in-law Kathy Duva, who currently is the CEO of Main Events. Duva was predeceased by his wife, Enes, and eldest son Dan, who passed away in 1996. Dan Duva was the husband of Kathy Duva.“The overwhelming number of calls and sympathy wishes from so many friends and associates shows how much our father was loved and respected. We sincerely appreciate the support from everyone,.” said Dino Duva.There will be a viewing at Festa Funeral Home in Totowa, N.J. on Sunday from 15:00hrs to 19:00hrs ET. A funeral mass will be held at St Mary’s Church in Paterson, N.J., Monday at 10:00hrs ET.
Nigel Wright has withdrawn from Saturday’s title fight against Kilburn’s Ashley Theophane for medical reasons.British light-welterweight champion Theophane (pictured above) will now defend his crown against southern-area champion Ben Murphy, who has vowed to cause an upset despite stepping in at short notice.Wright, the current English champion, would have enjoyed home advantage at the Peterlee Leisure Centre in his home county of Durham.AdChoices广告Instead, an unexpected opportunity falls to Hove-based 31-year-old Murphy, a former contestant in the Prizefighter series who has a record of 8-4-1.One of those eight victories came against current British super-featherweight champion Gary Buckland in 2008.Murphy declared: “I’m in the shape of my life and raring to go. Theophane won’t know what’s hit him come Saturday night.“Since winning the southern-area title I’ve been down the gym training hard for a chance like this, and I couldn’t believe it when I got the call and had no hesitation in taking the fight.“My trainer Johnny Eames told me opportunities like this come around once in a lifetime, and this is why I must always be prepared.”Promoter Frank Maloney said: “Murphy is in great shape. He’s been live in the gym and deserves a crack at the title for his professional approach to boxing and I believe this will make a great fight on Saturday.“I feel sorry for Nigel Wright but I don’t think we could have got a more prepared replacement than Ben Murphy.”Theophane’s change of opponent continues a run of bad fortune for west London boxers.James DeGale’s clash with Jose Maria Guerrero in Liverpool on Friday has been postponed. And George Groves, who was scheduled to appear on the bill as well as DeGale, recently withdrew from his planned fight because of a hand injury.Follow West London Sport on Twitter
BALL maintenance could be on the agenda of administrators and captains whenever cricketresumes, with pace great Jason Gillespie suggesting the use of saliva will have to be examinedamid the COVID-19 pandemic.The Cape Town ball-tampering scandal of March 2018, in which Australia attempted to scuff the ball withsandpaper, prompted an International Cricket Council crackdown on ball-tampering.The International Cricket Council ( ICC) instituted harsher penalties, wanting to clean up an element of the game that hadprompted an ugly arms race between teams wanting to push the envelope and generate reverse-swing.Shining the ball with sweat and saliva remains commonplace and entirely legal, provided mints aren’t used to gain an illicitadvantage.The coronavirus, thought to be spread via respiratory droplets, could complicate matters.As cricket boards edge closer to staging games, the issue shapes as a likely conundrum.“I don’t think it’s a quirky question. It’s an actual genuine thing to be considered,” Gillespie, who snared 259 Test wickets, toldABC Grandstand.“I don’t think anything is off the table. It could be a point where at the end of each over, the umpires allow the players to shinethe ball in front of them but you can only do it then.“I don’t know. Is it just sweat? Can you only use sweat?“I don’t have an answer to that but it certainly will be a conversation that will be had.“If you think about it, it is pretty gross.”Australia spearhead Pat Cummins revealed the topic was discussed prior to last month’s trans-Tasman ODI at theSCG.That game, Australia’s final hit-out before the health crisis brought a halt to all international cricket, was played behind closeddoors.“It’s a tough one,” Cummins said earlier this month.“If it’s at that stage where we’re that worried about spread … I’m not sure we’d be playing sport and bringing ourselves out ofisolation.“The one-dayer, we made it clear we’re obviously really keen to play, but … the way we shined the ball didn’t change.“Obviously different with red ball. As a bowler I think it would be pretty tough going if we couldn’t shine the ball in aTest.”(AAP)
Published on September 18, 2018 at 8:54 pm Contact Danny: email@example.com | @DannyEmerman Syracuse (3-6, 0-1 Atlantic Coast) has committed as many or more fouls than the opposing team in seven of its nine games. On the season, the Orange have out-fouled opponents 79-54 for an average of 8.8 fouls per game. It came to a breaking point against Colgate, when Syracuse committed 17 fouls in the 3-1 loss on Sept. 9.“If the team is fouling 17 times, I’m happy,” head coach Phil Wheddon said. “That means we’re putting in a physical effort … If the team is playing physically, that’s something I’m OK with because we’re going to have to compete in the ACC. It’s a fast, athletic game.”AdvertisementThis is placeholder textDuring the Orange’s four-game losing streak, in which it’s been outscored 13-2, SU has earned five yellow cards and out-fouled opponents, 43-23.Susie Teuscher| Digital Design EditorSU defender Abby Jonathan said there are two appropriate times to intentionally foul: Giving away a penalty kick to stop a clear scoring chance or stopping a counterattack at midfield when the opponent has a clear path into the defensive end.Unnecessary fouling leads to set pieces, penalty kicks and goals, freshman center back Jonathan said. Similar to Tivnan, Jonathan tried to prevent a goal by fouling against Harvard, but her foul rewarded the Crimson with a penalty kick goal.“Obviously when the ball is coming close to the goal, people start panicking because they want to get the ball out (of this area),” goalkeeper Lysianne Proulx said. “But sometimes it’s just better to try not to win it and just put your body in front of it and just try to cut the angles.”Often, an SU player will be a step late to a play or will stab at the ball instead of containing. Wheddon wants his team to play physically, but he does not condone “malicious” fouling, he said.“Sometimes a player is going to stick a foot out to try and win the ball and it’s about timing,” Wheddon said. “She might arrive late or the player might take a touch past her and she might try and reach for the ball and bring a player down.”In games when Syracuse has fallen behind, SU tends to foul more often. Against Duke, SU recorded more than half of its nine total fouls after falling behind 2-0.Wheddon said penalties are “part of the game” and can be used to “gain a tactical advantage.”“If they’re already going to score, you might as well make it a 50-50 chance instead of just letting in a goal,” Jonathan said. “But a lot of time, you shouldn’t let up a PK, you should do your best to win the ball.” Comments Freshman defender Jenna Tivnan had already allowed Duke’s Kayla McCoy behind her. To prevent a breakaway chance, Tivnan’s only option was to recover back and slash McCoy across the shins. She earned a yellow card.The coaches on Duke’s sideline lobbied for Tivnan to be kicked out of the game. She wasn’t, and the play prevented a free shot at the net.“I had to foul her, otherwise she would’ve gotten a goal,” Tivnan said after the game. Facebook Twitter Google+
Lewis Hamilton moved into the world championship lead for the first time this season with a dominant victory in the Hungarian Grand Prix.The Mercedes driver pulled out an eight-second lead in three wet laps at the start of the race before switching to dry tyres, and controlled the race from there.Hamilton even had time to stop for fresh tyres with three laps to go to grab the extra point for fastest lap.Valtteri Bottas failed in an attempt to pass Red Bull’s Max Verstappen for second, giving Hamilton a five-point championship lead over his team after three races.Verstappen’s second place was extraordinary, for he crashed on the laps to the grid and damaged both his front wing and suspension.The Red Bull mechanics worked wonders to change his left front push-rod on the grid in the time permitted and get him into the race and he then drove a superb race to hold off Bottas at the end.
On stadium ”Bare” in Čitluk, on 6 February at 2 p.m. there will be a control match of BiH U-21 and U-19 football teams.Managers Vlado Jagodić (U-21) and Toni Karačić (U-19) chose the candidates for the match:On Jagodić’s list are: Kristijan Jajalo (Dinamo Zagreb/Cro), Ivan Tirić (Rudar Kakanj), Sead Jakupović (Wintertthur/Swi), Ognjen Petrović (Javor Ivanjca/Srb), Adnan Kovačević (Travnik), Danijel Graovac (Zrinjski), Dušan Jevtić (Duisburg/Ger), Dino Bevab (Zagreb/Cro), Stipe Marković (Široki Brijeg), Srđan Grahovac (Borac Banja Luka), Nermin Zolotić (Željezničar), Mario Kvesić (RNK Split/Cro), Filip Arežina (Zrinjski), Anid Travančić (Čelik), Haris Duljević (Olimpic), Gojko Cimirot (Leotar), Denis Zvonić (Velež), Goran Zakarić (Dinamo Zagreb/Cro), Marko Maletić (Stuttgart/Ger), Jasmin Mešanović (Čelik), Petar Kunić (Borac Banja Luka), Mehmed Begzadić (Lausanne Sport/Swi).On Karačić’s list are: Emir Plakalo (Sarajevo), Vedran Kjosevski (Željezničar), Haris Hajradinović (Inter Zaprešić/Cro), Adis Čiva (Sarajevo), Nikola Danilović (OFK Beograd/Srb), Branimir Odak (Široki Brijeg), Damir Sadiković (Željezničar), Faris Handžić (Sarajevo), Armin Hodžić (Željezničar), Armin Čerimagić (Gent/Bel), Asim Zec (Hradec/Czech), Fedor Predragović (Borac Banja Luka), Jozo Špikić (Široki Brijeg), Mile Kovačević (Kozara), Marko Odak (Zrinjski), Ervin Imamović (Lokomotiv Moskva/Rus), Halil Hajtić (Kaiserslautern/Ger), Omar Marković (IK Start/Nor), Renato Gojković (Sloboda Tuzla), Ajnur Osmanović (Chelsea/Eng), Nikola Jelisić (Bayern/Ger), Almir Kasumović (Hannover/Ger).Gathering of both teams is in hotel ”Brotnjo” in Čitluk on Monday, 4 February.